“I would gladly live out of a backpack if it meant I could see the world.”
Travel tip: PACK LIGHT! I think that having the least amount of luggage is a way to maximize every travel experience. You do not have luggage to carry around and because of that you have more freedom! I know that every adventure is different and sometimes it is necessary to pack more than just the essentials but for most trips here are five tips:
1. Pack neutral colors that match everything. You do not need a new outfit for everyday you can switch shirts with different pants!
2. You truly do not need 5 pairs of shoes, you need 2 at most..make sure they are comfortable!
3. Wear your largest clothing when you are traveling to and from your destination..sweatpants, sweatshirt, and large shoes. This will save room in your bag!
4. Buy small containers at Walgreens for all of your liquids. Carrying huge shampoo and lotion bottles is not a good idea.
5. Buy a fanny pack. They are back in style and are a very practical yet chic look! I go everywhere with mine…. I recommend a light waterproof one. I only put my money, passport, and my phone in it. This makes your essentials accessible, safe, & saves room in your bag! Once when I was on a kayaking trip with my boyfriend in California our kayaks flipped and we had our phones, wallets, and keys with us…Luckily they were all in my fanny pack and everything ended up safe (thank goodness!).
Whenever I travel I only bring a backpack and always have everything I need…trust me!
I will be posting packing lists for specific trips in the near future!
Good advice but when you’re on an extended journey of 4 years and counting, I think we tend to pack more. Typically, I carry around 30kgs including my day pack – my camera weighs 3kgs on its own!
Many thanks for stopping by and following my Travel and Photography blog. 🙂
Yes that is very true thanks for sharing! Your journey looks incredible!
Thank you – hope it never ends. 😉
Thank you for being my 500th follower!😊
Yay I feel honored!
Great advice – I’m trying to pack less when I travel but could never manage with a just a backpack I admire people who can! Thanks for visiting and following my blog, Le Chic En Rose much appreciated. I will enjoy reading and following yours, cheers Rosemary 🙂
Thank you for this comment! It has been hard at times to just have a backpack….but worth it in my opinion! I will enjoy reading your posts as well, happy Monday!